Photobucket

Monday, March 21, 2011

Thinking on Things Above

So this weekend I had a ton of thoughts running through my head that were just down and out. it seemed as though everything I was thinking of was an issue or a worry about some future event. As I was sitting on my couch the Lord brought something to my remembrance (as he said he would do). He reminded me to think on things above and not on things below (Colossians 3:2). why is that? because when we even give an ounce of consideration to our "problems" we give them power even to talk about our problems while depending on the issue may be helpful it also seems to bring them to the forefront when if JESUS is at our forefront all other things fade away in his light. for most of us the things we worry about have NOT even happened they are simply  manufactured to keep our eyes away from the prize. I encourage you to look back at some of your times of peace and happiness and ask yourself what was the difference?  I'm telling you those problems and worries could have been there but they were not because you were focused on something different something greater Jesus, Friends, family etc... so this week Focus on things above your issues and your problems and in that light everything else will be made dim.

Speaking of things ABOVE here are my shots of the moon the other night. for those of you who dont know it was the closest to the earth in 20 years I was able to get some pretty good detail thanks to my 70-200mm (for those of you who speak photog lol)








No comments:

Post a Comment